Friday, September 21, 2012

☆My Thoughts: YSL Rouge Volupté in 13 Peach Passion

Hey guys!

A few housekeeping notes to start <3

My real life friend and makeup encyclopedia Nicole has started her own blog called Little Luxuries. LOVE IT! She is a certified aesthetician and makeup artist who always helps me anytime I wander into her store looking for makeup. She has the best tips ever and gives the most honest reviews.  I'm so happy she's joined the blogging world so please go check out her site! You guys will love her!

One other note:
I've set up a poll asking which posts you guys like reading most! It would mean the world to me if you all took a minute to vote. You can find it just over here --> :D

So on to the makeup!



Long time no talk! School is so crazy lately but I think I'm finally getting settled in and I can't wait to start talking makeup again! I have so many things to talk about (have you seen my Los Angeles Haul?) but today I'm going to review my YSL Rouge Volupté in 13 Peach Passion.

This was one of the first things I saw when I walked into Sephora..


This is a thing of beauty..Isn't this packaging gorgeous? P.S: Look! It's the POLL! --> :D




There is no detectable smell with this lipstick which I would imagine some people like, but I love some kind of pretty smell on my lip products .. MAC knows what they're at when it comes to lip products!

The texture leaves something to be desired for me. It is exactly what it says.. silky! I can't say they didn't warn me, but I thought silky was going to be a good thing! It is really moisturizing but the lipstick feels really slippery when you rub your lips together. I was watching beautycrushxo the other day and she did a "Products Not Worth The Hype" video where she talked about her Rouge Volupté and she described it as "wishy-washy" and it's exactly that! I laughed so hard!

Another thing is this lipstick doesn't really last on your lips for any amount of time. I feel like I put it on and an hour later.. it's disappeared!

I'm absolutely in love with the colour though. This bright peachy pink is really different from anything in my collection.



My final verdict is I love the colour of this lipstick, but I'm not totally sold on the formula yet.

Have you guys tried these lipsticks? What are your thoughts on them?


☆☆☆☆


SHARE:
© makingupashlee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig